7.25.2012

It's All in the Details...


I wanted my 30th Birthday party to reflect me & all the things that I love, so I chose a colorful, citrus-scheme, cupcake theme.{ooh that rhymes!}  I designed the main decor around cupcake presentation and added a few details along the way.

One thing I knew I wanted was depth and varying heights for the cupcake displays.  I have the 3-tier cupcake holder (that everyone has) but wanted to do something a little more authentic.  I came up with an idea to make a tray out of a few things I picked up.  My goal was to keep it inexpensive & upcycle.  I found these square, white trays at Joann's on sale after 4th of July for under $4 each.  Then I stopped at the Goodwill store where I purchased the milk-glass bud vase for 99 cents!  A little glass/plastic adhesive and I was in business.


I wanted the opportunity to use the tray again without a permanent color scheme, so I cut paper to just lay on the bottom of the tray.  Then I used scallop circle nestabilities to die-cut various pattern papers & scattered them around tray & table for some texture.  


Just add cupcakes and wala!

I will add more about my birthday table menagerie another day!  Thanks for checking it out, hope it inspires you.



No comments:

Post a Comment