7.01.2012

Cards

  I wanted to use some of my favorite products & techniques in a card, and had an opportunity with this graduation card.


  I've been resorting to white cardstock bases for the most part, and making 5x7 cards lately.  I used a lot of Papertrey Ink supplies {cardstock, ink, stamps} in this one.
  One of my favorite products I purchased at CKC last year, was this Color Me paper by Hot Off the Press.  I used the silver stars for this one and colored it with Papertrey Ink's True Black dye ink.

 After inking it up, {any ink will do} wipe the embossed part with a tissue to return to silver, white or a variety of colors they sell.
For the details, I embossed a "Celebrate" stamp {Clear & Simple stamps) with clear embossing powder.  

I used a star from Papertrey Ink's Star Prints stamp set, and masked a small punched circle for a phrase from Tiny Tags II stamp set.  With the numbers on the star, it so happens there was "12" I highlighted with gold Stickles for "2012". 

To finish, I edged with some Momento Silver ink and attached some gold ribbon to the star.  
  
A relatively simple card, but with some details that take a little more time to put together.  


Here's the Father's day card I made this year using Papertrey Ink's Rhythm & Soul stamp set.




I used some Coredinations cardstock, embossed with a musical notes Cuttlebug folder.  Add America Crafts ribbon under the sentiment and popped with glue dots.  



No comments:

Post a Comment