3.13.2012

...and begin!

It’s always a little scary to start something new, but I have found the most success in life out of the things that I was scared to do at one time. One of my goals for 2011 and now 2012, is to maintain a crafty blog and so here I am! I’ve spent many months brainstorming, planning, designing, re-designing, getting frustrated with html code, and finally decided I just need to take the plunge and work it out from here...so here it goes.

To most, scrapbooking is a punchline about women who have nothing better to do. Scrapbookers know different. The art of scrapbooking to many of us is a form of expression, a way to tell our story and that of our family, a record for generations to come, a process of taking different artistic mediums and putting it together in one place. Not only this, but scrapbooking is also a gateway to other crafts...like stamping, card-making, photography, sewing, needle crafts, and more...

I would classify myself as having been a modern-day scrapbooker for about 10 years, but I have enjoyed crafting since I was a kid, especially those crafts that included photographs, collages, and memory keeping. I feel like I’ve scrapped long enough to have learned a few things along the way (ie stacks and stacks of patterned paper will get you nowhere), yet there are still so many artistic goals that I have set to achieve.

So with this blog, I am hoping to share my love of arts and crafts, keep myself motivated to learn new things and inspire anyone who may care to stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment