12.02.2012

Dec {mini} album Details



Like I said in my previous post, to capture December I decided to try a paper bag album for the first time.  I thought something small will make it easier to keep up with adding photos and stories throughout the busy holiday season.

I started with 3 regular sized lunch bags.  Before I attached them together, I added some inking by using a pencil eraser to make some white dots, then also added some cardstock to various pages to give it more stability. 

I also decorated the cover with some paper from Simple Stories Homemade Holiday collection, added some washi tape (Recollections brand from Michaels) & more stamping.  I layered the bags in every other direction, folded them evenly, then stapled it together.  I cut a piece of felt using a scalloped die to cover up the staples on the binding, which I attached with glue dots. 

I've somewhat planned out what specific dates I want to record, so I started the first few with that in mind.  The first page is reserved for December 1st, including some holiday decorating, then the next pages will be to record a visit to see Santa with my nephew. 

For the insert pages to put in the pockets created by the bags, I cut kraft & red cardstock, embellished with ink or washi tape, then added a felt tab (diecut using Nestabilities) and stapled with Tim Holtz's tiny attacher.

I prepped some supplies to have ready as I go, and keep it in my little "hope" plate nearby.  

From the top left, clockwise: labels & scalloped circles cut from kraft cardstock using Nestabilities dies, flocked punched designs, various Studio G xmas stamps, Simple Stories Handmade Holiday collection & 2 sheets of paper from BasicGrey Clippings Collection, punched stars added white ink using Papertrey Ink's Star Prints stamp set, CTMH Cherish the Day stamp set with several December images stamped in different colors and cut different ways to resemble tags, tickets, etc.

Here are the flocked snowmen.  And using a piece of paper from the SS Handmade Holiday collection, I can cut out the different text & images that were on a single sheet.

I still need to print the journaling cards from Kaite Pertiet to have handy, then hopefully it will be all about the photos & stories that happen this holiday season.

Happy December!




2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a paper bag album. What creativity on your part. Looks great and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the felt tags.

    ReplyDelete