2.12.2013

Project Life 2013


^^This is what has been going on around here.  Was able to get out to get some pretty snow shots this past weekend.

Journal cards compliments of Cathy Zielske here
I have been attempting Project Life in my own way.  I never thought it would be something that I would like to do, but I find I am enjoying recording these stories, and day to day happenings.  I am using Simple Stories 6x8 format to keep it simple for now.  At first I thought I would just use one photo a week, but sometimes it requires more.  I'm trying not to get caught up in the embellishment and just do basic photos+words.
Because I wanted to use the page protector flipped I needed to seal the bottom slots somehow, so I used simple washi tape.  To keep with that, I used a small heart punch on the washi tape to add some heart confetti to the outside of the page protector over the photo of my nephew.  I didn't know if it would work {punching from tape} but it did!  
Mini hearts punched from washi tape, BasicGrey sticker alphas

Unfinished pages, but easy to keep up a little better with this format

Love an opportunity to add text to photos

I've thought about color themes for this album.  At first I decided to go with this gray/white/mint theme.  But I realize just sticking to this may not work, so then I thought well maybe I will use other bright colors to compliment the gray/white and let it represent different seasons.  Still thinking about this.  If I do that it will be yellow (spring), coral (summer), and gold (fall).  

I am trying to not have it be so planned out {besides the one size page protector that I'm using (& loving!)}  Also, I'm already "behind" which is no big deal.  I'm keeping track of the stories and working on the weekly journaling in a google docs file and putting photos into folders.

We will see how it goes.  Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment